China Leather Industry Association Articles
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 China Leather Industry Association£¨abbr. CLIA £©is formulated
in order to meet the needs of reforming in national economic system
and socialist market economy, to strengthen the coordination and
management over the sectoral organizations and to promote the development
of the leather industry.
Article 2 This association is a non profit-making national public
legal representative qualification formed by enterprises (manufacture
and operation) and institutions (mass organizations, research institutions
and academies, etc.) voluntarily based on the formulated manufacture
and operation system of leather industry of our country including
tanning, leather shoes, leather clothing, cases & bags, leather
pieces, leather sports articles, fur & fur products, leather
machinery, hardware used for leather and materials used for shoes.
Article 3 The aim of the association is to actively provide services
for the government departments and membership institutions as well
as leather industry, to promote the developing of the leather industry
while abide by the state constitution, laws, regulations and polices
and to observe the social ethics.
Article 4 This association takes business instruction from, and
and governed by the State light Industry Bureau and Civil Affairs
Department. Entrusted by administrative department of the government,
the association undertakes the task of coordinating and managing
its sectors. Instructed by the government department and supported
by the enterprises, it will serve as the bridge and link between
the government and enterprises to publicize the sectoral general
principle, specific polices and regulations, to reveal the willing
and requirement of the membership institutions and maintain the
interests of its sectors.
Article 5 This association is established in Beijing.
Chapter II Business Scope
Article 6 Business scope of the association:
1) To carry out investigation and research for its sectors, collecting
basic information of its sectors and making statistics, to keep
the industry informed with the trend of developing, to suggest the
draft proposal for the sectoral development program (including infrastructure
construction, updating and improvement, production plan, export
plan and science-technology education development, etc.);
2) To assist the government practicing economic and technical policy,
put forward the proposals of sectoral development and industry policy;
3) To practice multi-type horizontal economic ties among enterprises,
to investigate and coordinate with matters related with material
supply, production, technology and sales among membership enterprises
and to promote the technical cooperation and improvement of its
4) To carry out activities that promote the improvement of products
quality, practice the strategy of famous-brand and to well undertake
the task of true-leather marking implementation£»
5) To train staffs for enterprises in various methods to raise the
level of enterprises, to instruct and help the enterprises to improve
the operation and management level and to promote the enterprises
to improve the economic results£»
6) To practice the strategy of ¡°Rely on science and education to
rejuvenate the nation¡±, to set up ¡°China Leather Industry Association
Scholarship¡± in leather specialty in some Chinese academies and
¡°Promotion of science-technology advances award ¡±and ¡° Science-technology
forerunner award¡± in its sectors£»
7) To carry out consulting services, to provide domestic and international
economic, technical and market information for members and enterprises,
compiling relative information of its sectors and publishing association
8) To set up the self-discipline system in its sectors and enterprises,
to set down the
sectoral regulation and restrictions and raising the whole level
of the sector£»
9) To expand connections with foreign related sectors and organizations,
develop international exchange and cooperation on economy, technology
and enterprise management£»
10) To hold domestic and foreign professional exhibitions, to promote
exchanging and trade among the enterprises of home and abroad£»
11) To suggest the developing and planning proposal of new techniques,
new process, new products and new materials of its sectors; to organize
the tackling of key problems of essential science-technology projects
as well as the appraisal and promotion of the result£»
12) To provide the review opinions of the imported items of its
13) To undertake the events entrusted by relative departments and
institutions of the state government;
14) To protect the legitimate rights and interests of the members
conciliate disputes among members, coordinate the relations of its
15) Entrusted by relative department of the government, to undertake
the task of setting up and implementing the state standards of its
sectors and to supervise and examine the product quality of the
16) Entrusted to take part in accommodating international visiting
delegations and groups£»
17) To organize and carry out activities of community service and
other activities that will help to raise the whole level of the
Chapter III Members
Article 7 There shall be organization members and honorary members
in this association:
1) All enterprises and institutions whoever obtained the business
license from the State Industry and Commercial Administration, and
public organizations that approved by and registered in relevant
department in this industry can apply for joining in the association,
and shall become the organization member of the association after
the ¡° Application for Membership of the China Leather Industry Association¡±
is completed and approved. The representative of the organization
member shall be the legal person or his authorized person in such
2) All wholly foreign-owned enterprises and representative organizations
legitimately established within the territory of China can apply
for joining in the association, and shall become the honorary member
of the association after the ¡°Application for Membership of the
China Leather Industry Association¡± is completed and approved;
3) If needed by work, the association can invite leaders and experienced
experts concerned to serve on the honorary position or as consultant.
Article 8 To apply for a organization member and honorary member,
the following conditions must be met£º
1) To support this Articles of Association£»
2) Willing to join in the association£»
3) Being influential to a certainty in this sector.
Article 9 Entrance procedure of membership:
1) Complete the ¡°Application for Membership of the China Leather
2) Reviewed and approved by the secretary division of the association,
for special cases, must be approved by the board of directors through
3) Certificate of membership issued by the secretary division.
Article10 Members shall enjoy the following rights:
1) The right of suffrage, the right to be elected and the voting
power in the association (with exception of that stipulated in 2
and 3 of Article 7 of Chapter III) £»
2) To participate relative activities of the association£»
3) Have the priority to get services from the association£»
4) The rights of criticizing, suggesting and supervising the work
of the association£»
5) Join in voluntarily and withdraw freely.
Article 11 Members shall perform the following obligations:
1) To implement the resolutions of the association£»
2) To maintain the legitimate rights and interests of the association£»
3) To fulfill the task assigned by the association.£»
4) To pay the subscriptions as per the rules;
5) To report to the association and provide relevant information.
Article 12 When withdrawing, members shall notify the association
in writing and return the certificate of membership. Where the members
fail to pay the subscriptions or to participate the activities organized
by the association for 2 years, they shall be deemed as withdrawn
Article 13 The members whose act seriously violates this articles
of association shall
be expulsed upon approved by the board of directors or administrative
directors through voting.
Chapter IV Organizational structure and the election and dismissal
of the supervisor
Article 14 The member¡¯s congress shall be the highest organ of power
of the association. The functions and powers of the member¡¯s congress
1)To set up and revise the articles of association£»
2) To elect and dismiss the director, administrative director and
3) To examine and approve the working report and accounting report
of the board of directors£»
4) To examine and approve and decide on other important matters£»
5) To decide on the terminate matter.
Article 15 The member¡¯s congress must be held with its attendants
two-third of the member representatives, the resolutions thereof
shall be effective only upon it is adopted by more than half of
the attended member representatives.
Article 16 The term of member¡¯s congress is four years. Where the
needs to be moved up or postponed due to special reasons, such moving
postpone must be adopted upon approved by the board of directors
voting and reported to the administrative department for examine
as well as
approved by the public organization registration administrations.
period of term changing shall not exceed 1 year.
Article 17 The board of directors shall be the organ of execution
of the member¡¯s congress and it supervises the association to carry
out ordinary routine during the close of the meetings and shall
be responsible to the member¡¯s congress.
Article 18 The functions and powers of the board of directors:
1) To implement the resolutions of the member¡¯s congress£»
2) To elect and dismiss the director, vice director and secretary
3) To report to the member¡¯s congress the working and accounting
4) To decide on the expulsion of the members£»
5) To decide on the establishing of working offices, branches and
6) To set up internal administrative system£»
7) To decide on other important matters.
Article 19 The meetings of board of directors must be held with
its attendants more than two-third of the directors, the resolutions
thereof shall be effective only upon it is adopted by more than
two-third of the attended directors.
Article 20 The meetings of board of directors shall be held at least
once a year, and in the form of communication in case that special
Article 21 The association shall have a administrative board of
directors that shall be elected by the board of directors, who shall
exercise the functions and powers stipulated in 1,3,4,5,6,7 of Article
18 during the close of the meetings and be responsible to the board
Article 22 The meetings of the administrative board of directors
must be held with its attendants more than two-third of the administrative
directors, the resolutions thereof shall be effective only upon
it is adopted by more than two-third of the attended administrative
Article 23 The meetings of administrative board of directors shall
be held at least once a year, and in the form of communication in
case that special circumstances occur.
Article 24 The directors, vice directors and secretary general of
the association shall posses following qualifications:
1) Adhere to the Party¡¯s line, principle and policy with good political
2) Have relatively great influence in this sector£»
3) The maximal age of office of the full time director and secretary
general shall not be more than 60 while that of the full time vice
director and vice secretary general not more than 65; the secretary
general shall be full time;
4) Being in good health for normal working£»
5) Have high education and business level£»
6) Have full capacity for civil conduct.
Article 25 The directors, vice directors and secretary general of
the association that is older than the maximal age of office may
hold the position upon they are approved by the board of directors
through voting, and reported to the administrative department for
examination as well as approved by the public organization registration
Article 26 The term of the office of the directors, vice directors
and secretary general of the association is four years. Where the
term of office needs to be expended for special reasons, such term
expending shall be subject to the fact that it is adopted by more
than two-third of the attended member representatives of the member¡¯s
congress and reported to the administrative department for examination
as well as approved by the public organization registration administrations.
Article 27 The director of the association shall be the legal person
of this organization. The legal person of this organization may
not concurrently serve as legal person of other organizations.
Article 28 The director of the association shall exercise the following
functions and powers:
1) To convene and preside over the meetings of board of directors
(or meetings of administrative board of directors);
2) To examine the implementation of the resolution of the member¡¯s
congress and the meetings of board of directors (or meetings of
administrative board of directors) £»
3) To sign relevant important documents on behalf of the association.
Article 29 The secretary general of the association shall exercise
the following functions and powers:
1) To be in charge of the ordinary routine of the working offices,
to organize the implementation of the annual working plans£»
2) To coordinate all the working offices, branches and entities
for carrying on the work£»
3) To propose the vice secretary general and the main supervisors
of the working offices, branches and entities and report to the
board of directors or administrative board of directors for their
4) To decide on the appointment of full time staffs of the working
offices, branches and entities£»
5) With authorization of the board of directors, to approve joining
in of the members£»
6) To take up other ordinary routine¡£
Chapter V Assets Managing and Using Principles
Article 30 The source of the funds of the association
3) Government sponsoring£»
4) Income of the of activities or services performed within the
examined and approved business scope£»
6) Other legitimate income¡£
Article 31 The association shall charge the subscriptions in accordance
with the relative state regulations.
Article 32 The funds of the association must be used within the
business scope and for the career development stipulated in this
articles of association, and may not distribute among the members.
Article 33 The association shall establish strict accounting management
system to ensure the legality, truth, correctness and completeness
of the accounting data.
Article 34 The association shall have the financial personnel with
professional qualifications. The accountant may not concurrently
serve as treasurer. The financial personnel must conduct accounting
calculation and supervising. When the financial personnel transfer
or quit the job, the hand over facilities must be carried out with
the personnel who take over the job.
Article 35 The assets management of the association must abide by
the accounting management system made by the state, and shall be
supervised by the member¡¯s congress and financial department. Where
the funds being the state source appropriation or social source
donations, they must be supervised by the audit authority and relevant
information shall be announced to the public in a proper way.
Article 36 The association must undertake accounting audit conducted
by the public organization registration administrations and business-supervising
department before the changing of its term or legal person.
Article 37 No institutions, individuals may embezzle, private appropriate
and misappropriate the assets of the association.
Article 38 The wages, insurance and welfare of the full time staffs
association shall be carried out referring to the relevant state
regulations for the
Chapter VI Revising Procedure of the Articles of Association
Article 39 Revising on the articles of association of the organization
must be examined and approved by the member¡¯s congress after it
is adopted by the meeting of the board of directors through voting.
Article 40 The revised articles of association must be examined
and approved by the business supervising authority within 15 days
after it is adopted by the member¡¯s congress, and it shall come
into force upon it is reported to and examined and approved by the
public registration administrations.
Chapter VII Terminate Procedure and the Property Disposal After
Article 41 In case that the aim of the association is completed
or the association is dissolved automatically, or it is required
for cancellation due to some specific reason, the terminate agreement
shall be proposed by the board of directors or the administrative
board of directors.
Article 42 The terminate proposal of this association must be adopted
by the member¡¯s congress through voting, and shall be reported to
the business supervising department for examining and approving.
Article 43 Before the association is terminated, a liquidation committee
shall be formed by the instruction of business supervising department
and relevant authority to clear up claims and debts and deal with
the aftermath. During liquidation, no activities outside the liquidation
might be carried out.
Article 44 This organization shall be terminated after the cancellation
for registration facilities is completed in the public registration
Article 45 The remaining property after termination of the association
shall be used for developing projects that have aims related with
the association under the supervision of the business supervising
authorities and public registration administrations in accordance
with relative state regulations.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Provisions
Article 46 This articles of association is adopted at the enlarged
session of the
meeting of board of directors on October 10, 1999.
Article 47 Right to interpretation to the articles of association
lies in the secretary
division of the association.
Article 48 This articles of association shall go into effect on
the day on which it is
examined and approved by the public registration administration